October Gallery Show, Light After the Equinox

 


Universal Light
2023
holographic foil, magazine paper, gloss acrylic medium 
9 x 12"
Raquel Faye Mayouhas @existing_and_creating
(In in the darkest times I always find beauty in art. I hope my art brightens your day!)

 


Coffee, Raven, Donut
2022
Acrylic on Paper
2.5 x 3”
Amy Jean Romero, @amyjeancreates
(Subjects put together make me laugh uncontrollably)

 


Spiraling
2023
watercolors, paper collage
18 x 12 "
Melissa Fredericks 
I think about spirals a lot.  They are in nature, learning, my thought process, everywhere!  This piece plays with that shape as well as with color and jumbled words.


Portrait of 'Cosmo' the Highland Lynx
2023
acrylic on canvas
8 x 10 "
Paul Fox

Immune
2023
digital media
dimensions variable
Audrey Colmart
I started therapy recently, I had insight that we rarely learn: how to feel our feelings. Indeed, we are wired to avoid our emotions instead of mindfully embracing them. I started creating the Alphabet of Feeling for this purpose starting A for Anger.

Long Day
2023
watercolor on Arches 140 lb cold press paper
22 x 30 "
Ivan Clinton

Creatures in Nature Down Under, artists' book
2023
pens, pencils, colored pencils, watercolor, cross stitch
4x4 " 
Linda Park @KoreanLinda
This is my first sketchbook I made for a trip. It chronicles the creatures in nature I have encountered during my trip to Australia and New Zealand with my partner Chris in summer 2023. 

Spread Your Wings
2022
acrylic pen on paper
9x12 " 
Varuni Sinha @verysinnyarts
This artwork stands out to me because in creating it, I have truly been unafraid to express my love for archangel Michael by spreading my creative wings. I am usually hindered by concerns of background and foreground. Here I have let go of rules that I like to break when I sit down to work with pen on paper. This is also one of the first few paintings in a series I have decided to call Divine Doodles. I am in the process of doodling Gods from different parts of the world.

Orchids at the Window
2023
acrylic and conte crayon on cold press watercolor paper
9x12"
Julia Gandrud @julialikesfrogs
Orchids have such personality and presence, they need individual portraits.



Shut Up & Paint: a global arts hub from Rhode Island, hosting virtual 90-min sessions for 950+ members, emphasizing creativity & community.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Gallery Show - Spice, Gold, and Water

December Gallery Show: Let there be light

Birth of a Gallery!